Engineering Manager, Homefeed Personalization
Currently, we personalize our Pinners’ homefeeds by utilizing a combination of data mining, user modeling, and machine-learned models of user behavior. We’re looking for a hands-on Engineering manager to lead and grow Pinterest’s Homefeed Personalization team. This is an opportunity to build and improve foundational pieces of personalization for over 100M+ users worldwide across billions of pieces of unique content.
What you’ll do:
- Knit with engineers and analysts to develop a homefeed quality roadmap
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members
- Define and own the metrics we use to track homefeed success
- Research and develop models to personalize and rank Pinners’ homefeeds
- Recruit new team members and develop internal talent to scale
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working and evolving machine learning systems in production
- Expertise in technical communication skills and demonstrating strong product sense to improve the Pinner experience
- Depth in iterating and improving on metrics through data mining and machine learning
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top