Engineering Manager, Big Data Platform
We're looking for a hands-on engineering manager to lead and grow our big data platform team. This team focuses on building reliable, scalable and performant infrastructure to enable large scale data processing. As we are set to become the world's discovery engine, processing data at large scale is mission-critical. This is an opportunity to build foundational pieces of infrastructure to scale for hundreds of petabytes of data and help hundreds of millions of people discover and do what they love.
What you'll do:
- Build, own, and improve petabytes-scale data processing frameworks and infrastructure
- Work with engineers and technical program managers to define technical strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional product and engineering teams to understand changing requirements and incorporate them in the roadmap.
- Define and own success metrics for projects and drive execution to ensure timely and high quality delivery.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members.
- Scale the team through both recruiting efforts and growth of internal talents
What we're looking for:
- Over 5 years of experience building and evolving big data systems in production using hadoop and spark
- 5+ years leading a 10+ person engineering team
- Strong infrastructure vision and ability to set a clear technical strategy
- Ability to communicate effectively across engineering, product, and leadership to drive hard decisions
- AWS experience a plus
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top