Engineering Manager, Ads Data
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms, and our continued success depends on our ability to generate reliable, accurate, real-time data to advertisers, business analysts, and Ads Serving systems, and empower these internal/external use cases to make critical decisions. We're looking for a seasoned leader in Real-Time Data Warehouse and Data Engineering to guide the team to build the next-generation Ads Data system that will operate at 10x our current scale within a fraction of our current latency. You'll join a small and early-stage team, build a new data system from scratch, grow the team, and lay the foundation for Pinterest's business success.
What you'll do:
- Manage and grow a full stack Ads data engineering team covering data processing, data warehouse, and analytics backend, and provide technical vision and long-term roadmap to the team.
- Build the next-generation real-time, scalable, fault-tolerant ads reporting and analytics system that processes terabytes of data with minute-scale pipeline delay to deliver key performance metrics to advertisers with millisecond-scale query latency
- Build real-time Ads Data Warehouse and online data systems to power numerous Ads Serving, Machine Learning, and internal business analytics use cases
- Provide thought leadership to the entire Ads Engineering organization on how data can be processed more efficiently, reliably, and quickly
What we're looking for:
- Experience in leading or managing a large engineering team
- 5+ years of industry experience with Data Warehouse and Big Data technologies
- Experience building real-time or offline data pipelines to process petabytes of data for business-critical use cases
- Experience building large-scale distributed online ads reporting/analytics system is a plus
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top