Engineering Manager, Ads Data
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms, and our continued success depends on our ability to generate reliable, accurate, real-time data to advertisers, business analysts, and Ads Serving systems, and empower these internal/external use cases to make critical decisions. We're looking for a seasoned leader in Real-Time Data Warehouse and Data Engineering to guide the team to build the next-generation Ads Data system that will operate at 10x our current scale within a fraction of our current latency. You'll join a small and early-stage team, build a new data system from scratch, grow the team, and lay the foundation for Pinterest's business success.
What you'll do:
- Manage and grow a full stack Ads data engineering team covering data processing, data warehouse, and analytics backend, and provide technical vision and long-term roadmap to the team.
- Build the next-generation real-time, scalable, fault-tolerant ads reporting and analytics system that processes terabytes of data with minute-scale pipeline delay to deliver key performance metrics to advertisers with millisecond-scale query latency
- Build real-time Ads Data Warehouse and online data systems to power numerous Ads Serving, Machine Learning, and internal business analytics use cases
- Provide thought leadership to the entire Ads Engineering organization on how data can be processed more efficiently, reliably, and quickly
What we're looking for:
- Experience in leading or managing a large engineering team
- 5+ years of industry experience with Data Warehouse and Big Data technologies
- Experience building real-time or offline data pipelines to process petabytes of data for business-critical use cases
- Experience building large-scale distributed online ads reporting/analytics system is a plus
See Inside the Office of Pinterest
Pinterest’s mission is to help people discover and do what they love. Using Pinterest makes people feel more inspired, optimistic, and creative—that’s why it’s one of the world’s most beloved brands, with over 200 million monthly active Pinners. Pinterest is a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and employees who work there are able to spark their creativity, try new things, and build their confidence as a leader, thinker, and doer.
Back to top