We're looking for a Data Scientist to help us connect Pinners to actionable content that improves the Pinner experience. You'll apply quantitative analysis, modeling, and data mining to improve the relevance of Pins across our Ads, Search, and Feeds products.
What you'll do:
- Perform deep dive analysis to understand and optimize the key levers of our ads and search ecosystems
- Design core metrics that serve as the North Stars for team efforts and model trade offs across product areas
- Apply statistics, modeling, and ML to improve the efficiency of systems and relevance algorithms across Search, Home Feed, and Related Pins
- Work with product managers and engineers to design data products and debug A/B experiments
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of industry experience with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web scale data
- Expert in at least one scripting language (Python/R) and proficient in SQL/Hive
- Proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems
- Knowledgeable about the machine learning trade-offs and model evaluation
- Ability to lead initiatives across multiple product areas and communicate findings with leadership and product teams
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top