As a Data Scientist on Pinterest’s Modeling team, you love data and want to use it to improve people’s lives. You’re a generalist machine learning expert with a large toolbox, and you use your expertise to influence the direction of the product and company with your data-driven feature ideas. Your work will inform what features we build, which metrics we use to measure success, and how we surface content to new and existing users worldwide.
What you’ll do:
- Find and solve important business/product problems using your statistical modeling and prototyping skills
- Perform strategic analysis on key components of our product: what drives user engagement? How does content circulate through Pinterest?
- Partner with engineers to build new prototype models into production
- Knit closely with product, engineering, and user research teams and present to executives and feature teams to influence strategy
- Provide thought leadership on metrics, features, and products to the entire company
What we’re looking for:
- MS or PhD in math/stats/engineering or related fields
- 5+ years experience in machine learning, statistical modeling, and data mining techniques
- Familiarity with NLP and time series analysis
- Ability to quickly learn and use new machine learning methods, ability to find the right method for the problem
- Ability to manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity
- R or iPython; fluency in SQL and at least one scripting language such as Python
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top