Data Engineer, Stream Platform
We're looking for a seasoned Big Data engineer to help us build and scale the next generation of near-realtime data processing and warehousing platform. You'll use big data technologies to power critical big data processing needs of Ads, Analytics, BI, and anti-spam teams. You'll join a technically strong team that is laying the foundation to revamp Pinterest's data infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Build and scale our stream processing platform using the latest open-source technologies to process petabytes of data daily
- Support and build critical data pipelines for specific use-cases like machine learning and stream processing
- Design and build near-realtime data warehouse to power numerous data processing, data discovery, machine learning, and internal business intelligence and analytics use cases
- Contribute to the team's technical vision and long-term roadmap
- Provide thought leadership to the entire Data org on how data can be stored and processed more efficiently, reliably, quickly, and at scale
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with Data Warehouse and open-source Big Data technologies
- Experience building infrastructure to support realtime or offline data pipelines processing petabytes of data
- Experience with Mesos, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, SQL, Kafka, Parquet, HDFS, or HBase
- Proficiency in multiple systems languages (Scala, Java, Python)
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top