Business Operations and Strategy Associate
As part of the Business Operations and Strategy team, you'll focus on analyzing and forecasting users and engagement as well as helping with critical analyses to provide strategic business insights. With a deep understanding of the consumer internet and media ecosystem while using exceptional analytical skills, you'll help us gain insight into our Pinners, Partners, and products that will inform critical decisions and strategies that shape the future of Pinterest.
What you'll do:
- Forecasting. Partner and align with Product and Product Analytics to lead all aspects of User and Engagement forecast planning (e.g., forecast, strategic plan, goals), a critical input into the Operating Model of Pinterest. Own and update user and engagement forecast models for in-depth analyses.
- Business Analytics. Develop a deep understanding of our users, usage, and products to help make financially and operationally efficient decisions across all parts of the organization.
- Strategy. Collaborate with and support business partners in decision making and managing performance by defining and tracking KPIs. Identify and drive critical growth initiatives and present insights to senior leadership.
- Reporting. Support the Finance team in preparing financial analyses and presentations to the Board of Directors and Executive Team.
What we're looking for:
- Experience. 2-3 years of total work experience in investment banking, private equity or consulting.
- Leadership. A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners, department leads, and finance peers and is seen as a trusted and objective advisor.
- Technical Skills. Previously built and owned integrated models in Excel or other applications, as well as working knowledge of SQL or willingness to learn. Interest in learning R a plus.
- Soft Skills. Strong communication skills for successful partnerships with engineers and high-level presentations to senior leadership.
- Discipline. Ability to multi-task on projects across various teams and work cross-functionally to quickly turn insights into action.
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top