User Experience Designer
Pinsight Media+ is a mobile data analytics company. Our mission is to help connect brands with their mobile audience through analytics, advertising and commerce. Across all our product lines, we let mobile data tell its story, solve problems and ultimately boost revenue. We make mobile data matter. If you want to be a part of this forward-looking business opportunity, Pinsight Media+ is where you need to be.
Creates, evaluates and modifies prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development. Develops and applies software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems, including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product in development.
• Portfolio of representative work
Pinsight Media+ is looking for a highly creative user experience designer with a keen design aesthetic to join our team. In this capacity, the primary focus will be the user experience of our mobile engagement and promotion tools and our other mobile offerings such as OneLouder-branded properties 1Weather and BaconReader. This role will work closely with developers and project stakeholders to build intuitive, engaging, and beautiful products that delight our users.
• Interpret business ideas and user feedback and translate them into compelling user interfaces
• Create designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mocks, and prototypes
• Lead or participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
• Collaborate effectively on a team and be willing to explore all options
• Understand technical, business, and time limitations and design within these constraints
• Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
• Produce designs in a timely fashion and deliver them in the format most appropriate (e.g. low fidelity wireframe or high fidelity mock)
• Develop eye-catching, relevant, and aesthetically-pleasing graphics
• Generate icons and other graphic assets of the highest caliber
• Provide input on the overall visual design of products, including colors, typography, spacing, iconography, and much more
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Good sense and understanding of visual design with an exceptional eye for detail
• Penchant for doing great work and a passion to create exceptional products
• Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to product owners, developers, and other stakeholders
• Familiarity with platform-specific design patterns and best practices
• Understanding of user-centered design principles
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-driven
• Desire to learn new technologies and be willing to go "all in" to achieve project and company goals
• An innovative spirit and an enduring sense of humor
This is a full-time position, located in the Pinsight Media+ office in downtown Kansas City, MO. Applicants not local to the Kansas City area will be considered.
• Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
• Two years application change experience
• Two years experience building user design/requirements
• Two years experience designing mobile applications
• Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or similar design tools
Back to top