Senior User Experience Designer
Pinsight Media+ is a mobile data analytics company. Our mission is to help connect brands with their mobile audience through analytics, advertising and commerce. Across all our product lines, we let mobile data tell its story, solve problems and ultimately boost revenue. We make mobile data matter. If you want to be a part of this forward-looking business opportunity, Pinsight Media+ is where you need to be.
Creates, evaluates and modifies prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Develops and applies software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product in development.
• Portfolio of representative work
Pinsight Media+ is looking for a highly creative web designer with a keen design aesthetic to join our team. In this capacity, the primary focus will be the user experience of our web properties such as pinsightmedia.com. This role will work closely with project stakeholders to build intuitive, engaging, and beautiful products that delight our users.
• Interpret business ideas and user feedback and translate them into compelling web experiences
• Create designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mocks, and prototypes
• Lead or participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
• Collaborate effectively on a team and be willing to explore all options
• Understand technical, business, and time limitations and design within these constraints
• Gauge the usability of new and existing properties, and make constructive suggestions for change
• Produce designs in a timely fashion and deliver them in the format most appropriate (e.g. low fidelity wireframe or high fidelity mock)
• Develop eye-catching, relevant, and aesthetically-pleasing graphics
• Provide input on the overall visual design of websites, including colors, typography, spacing, iconography, and much more
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Good sense and understanding of visual design with an exceptional eye for detail
• Penchant for doing great work and a passion to create exceptional experiences
• Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to product owners, developers, and other stakeholders
• Familiarity with platform-specific standards, design patterns and best practices
• Understanding of user-centered design principles
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-driven
• Desire to learn new technologies and be willing to go "all in" to achieve project and company goals
• An innovative spirit and an enduring sense of humor
This is a full-time position, located in the Pinsight Media+ office in downtown Kansas City, MO. Applicants not local to the Kansas City area will be considered.
• Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
• Four years application change experience
• Four years experience building user design/requirements
• Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or similar design tools
Back to top