Pinsight Media+ is a mobile data analytics company. Our mission is to help connect brands with their mobile audience through analytics, advertising and commerce. Across all our product lines, we let mobile data tell its story, solve problems and ultimately boost revenue. We make mobile data matter. If you want to be a part of this forward-looking business opportunity, Pinsight Media+ is where you need to be.
Pinsight Media is seeking a talented software engineer to join our Mobile Development team as a Android Mobile Application Developer. This team focuses on creating innovative products and services for mobile devices. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about the mobile experience and have a unique drive to develop apps that are both fun and intuitive. All work is to be completed in our office at the Pinsight office downtown KC.
Leads the development of cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications. Analyzes complex systems requirements, existing business processes, and information systems. Codes, tests, and debugs documents, and implements software applications. Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Coordinates with users to determine requirements that are more complex.
• Design, development, and testing of Android mobile applications. Test on the latest mobile devices.
• Some applications must be developed in strict accordance with standards or technical specifications. Other applications will have more design flexibility.
• Interface and communicate with Product Management, User Experience & Design, and back office development teams as needed for project.
• Code all aspects of the applications and often design the software architecture.
• End-to-end testing of the application, including any server components that the app might interface with.
• Work in a cross-functional team environment utilizing the SCRUM agile development methodology.
• Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
• Three years systems development experience
• Three years coding experience
• Three years software application experience
• Five years of experience with Java.
• Three years of experience with embedded or mobile application development.
• Experience developing mobile apps using Android.
• Experience integrating mobile apps with web services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML).
• Expertise with wireless client/server architecture.
• Experience with Web services, XML, Object oriented design, Design patterns, Networks, TCP/IP, UNIX, Eclipse, and - Source code version control systems.
• Be self-motivated and work in a rapidly changing environment sometimes with little direction.
• Ability to provide input on prioritization of features with strong sense of user-centered design.
• Ability to investigate another developer's code, understand it, critique it and continue development on the application.
• Ability to work independently, set timelines and execute to plan.
Must be passionate and enjoy working with highly qualified passionate people.
Back to top