Network Support Field Technician
- New York, NY
Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet and network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, and designed with the customer in mind.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Perform on-site installations for Pilot products and equipment including VoIP phone systems and wireless internet (WiFi) systems.
- Troubleshoot customer hardware issues on-site.
- Respond to incoming support phone calls, emails, and tickets promptly.
- Log all troubleshooting communication in Pilot's proprietary help desk system.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve network designs, solutions, and policies.
- Track and maintain equipment inventory for customer products.
- Support the Network and Fiber Teams with maintenance projects
- Provide technical answers and resources to other Pilot departments.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in the field with on-site customer interactions
- Understanding of internet routing and network interconnection
- Preferred experience working with an Internet service provider or large enterprise
- Preferred experience with VoIP and/or Telecom Services (Internet / Ethernet / Fiber)
- Plus to have knowledge of wireless and fixed wireless systems
- Strong organizational experience and ability to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
- Effective time-management skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and respond to emergency needs
- Strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Stock Options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE
Back to top