Network Support Engineer
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Respond to incoming support phone calls, emails, and tickets promptly.
- Log all troubleshooting communication in Pilot's proprietary help desk system.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve network designs, solutions, and policies
- Develop standards and best practices for Pilot network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity problems, including network hardware issues.
- Provision network capacity such as dark fiber, wavelengths, peering, and transit.
- Provide technical answers and resources to other Pilot teams.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Someone with a thorough understanding of TCP/IP and experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols like BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
- Experience with Juniper network hardware platforms
- Understanding of internet routing and network interconnection
- Preferred experience working with an Internet service provider or large enterprise
- Strong organizational experience and ability to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k) with matching
- Flexible vacation + paid sick leave
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Bimonthly company lunches + happy hours
- Company off-sites + retreats
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA Sponsorship not available
Back to top