We are looking to further build our bench of accounting professionals and add depth to our Finance team with this new role. Our department translates transactional information into usable data, establishes controls, facilitates external audits, and prepares reports of financial information for internal and external use. We’re looking for people committed to managing PillPack’s financial health, while embracing the typical challenges of a rapidly growing start-up. To be successful here, you’ll need to be entrepreneurial about taking initiative, but structured about details and deadlines. You’ll also need to be a good communicator of financial information to non-finance professionals.
You’re going to own significant sections of our monthly close and financial reporting process. You like going outside the finance bubble to coordinate accurate approvals and expense reporting. Your mastery of accrual accounting and the matching principle will take our prepaids and accruals to the next level. You don’t mind getting into the details to solve an accounting mystery when a balance just doesn’t add up at month end, and you also enjoy researching accounting principles to determine the right way to record a transaction. You’re ready for your next challenge. And that challenge will be to understand all of our operations and our systems, and implement the tools we need to make our accounting better, faster, stronger.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON EVERY DAY?
- Owning the review and reconciliation of our accounts payable, prepaid and accrued expense balances
- Recording our monthly shipping and packaging expenses
- Overseeing the administration of our corporate credit card and expense reimbursement programs
- Determining and recording sales tax remittances and other tax liabilities
- Helping to implement internal controls across the organization
WHAT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE DO I NEED IN THIS ROLE?
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy required; 3 years of work experience, ideally a mix of public and private accounting
- CPA and/or public audit background is a plus
- Incredibly detail-oriented and results driven
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed / self-initiated work
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office