Overnight Distribution Floor Manager
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON EVERY DAY?
- Oversee and manage all day-to-day outbound operations of the distribution center on a particular shift to ensure on-time delivery of PillPacks to our customers
- Collaborate with Director of Distribution and Continuous Improvement team to drive lean principles and realize cost savings throughout the operation
- Partner with Head Distribution Pharmacist to ensure adherence to all clinical requirements while also maintaining a constant focus on productivity
- Work with the People Ops/Recruiting team and Director of Distribution to recruit high quality candidates for the distribution team
- Partner with Training Supervisor to ensure appropriate training of new hires as well as cross training for existing employees to guarantee thoroughly trained Pharmacy Technicians
- Develop Distribution Shift Supervisors to promote a bench of talent for the next level
- Conduct daily shift “start up” meetings to keep employees up to date with new policies, procedures, and goals
- Maintain a strong employee engagement and culture within the Distribution department
- Maintain a high level of accountability for both individual and team metrics
- In collaboration with People Ops and Director of Distribution, coach and counsel staff members accordingly for performance, quality, and attendance concerns when appropriate including proper documentation
- Maintain and approve staff schedules and time cards, including personal and vacation time for employees on a daily basis
- Model new policies as well as maintain existing policies through equitable management approach across the team
- Conduct yearly performance reviews for distribution employees
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Distribution when necessary
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3-5+ years previous experience managing a large team in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience in logistics and/or fulfillment center, preferably in a leadership or management role
- An enthusiastic leader who is able to motivate and drive others
- Self-motivated and self-directed: ability to take initiative and ownership with minimal direction
- Previous experience with warehouse management systems a strong plus
- Powerful communication skills across all mediums and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and adjust focus as needed
- Previous experience with Lean tools a plus, but not required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Google Apps
- Knowledge of healthcare/pharmacy a plus, but not required
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.
Meet Some of PillPack's Employees
Angie works with PillPack’s Growth Team, where she builds tools and technologies that improve the overall customer experience that PillPack provides.
Back to top