What will you work on every day?
- Establish, monitor, and enforce a comprehensive set of internal controls and proper segregation of duties; maintain system of accounting records
- Work with CFO and finance team to implement an robust internal control environment
- Improve overall business performance by championing the direct and indirect cost improvement program
- Produce financial and management reports and provide financial insights to senior management team
- Develop and document controls-related procedures and narratives
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department: design the organizational structure, attract, train, mentor and manage the team
- Partner closely with the FP&A team by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Manage all outsourced accounting partners (e.g., audit, tax, insurance)
- Track and work with the Operations team to ensure timely, accurate payment of accounts payable and collection of accounts receivable
- Manage external audits and tax reporting, coordinate information and deliverables
- Over time, develop a plan to conduct internal audits; surface findings to leadership and work with external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local filing and reporting requirements
- Monitor new accounting standards and reporting requirements that may impact the company, anticipate future requirements, and lead implementation of any new standards.
- Serve as a champion of cost containment and efficient management processes
What skills are we looking for in this role?
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, with at least 5 in a Big Four accounting firm
- Experience with accounting practices and IPOs in public companies preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration; Certified Public Accountant designation preferred, but not required
- Collaborative working style; values proactively engaging leaders across the business in the accounting process
- A common sense approach to addressing challenges
- A business partnering and continuous improvement mindset and approach; has demonstrated the ability to design and implement mature, scalable, effective and efficient controls and processes that balance having appropriate safeguards with not being overly burdensome/constraining on business operations or growth
- A “can do” attitude, an interest in digging into the details, as well as an ability to synthesize info and think and engage strategically at a high level
- Extremely effective communicator; ability to translate financial insights into workable and understandable recommendations
- A strong leader of people with the ability to structure, hire, develop, lead and motivate an accounting team
- Ability to thrive in a fast growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Organized and capable of balancing competing parallel demands and priorities
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
Meet Some of PillPack's Employees
Maddy oversees financial reporting and forecasting at PillPack. She also works to streamline accounting procedures, designing new and more efficient processes as the company continues to scale.
Back to top