Job TitleTest Engineer
As a Testing Engineer
You will be part of the Testing team and you will work closely with Product and Industrial Project Leaders & teams, project principles, product hardware and software developers, and other internal and external engineering managers and experts.
Within New Product Introduction projects:
- acting as Guardian Angel Design for testability to ensure optimum coverage at lowest integral lowest cost for the product.
- managing the industrial test needs as a new product development project team member
- preparing test process
- (=for equipment in factory and not equipment for product design release: Industrial test engineer prepares test process used in factories so test time is critical (eg 3 to 20 seconds per product)
- designing the test process (transferability) and equipment based on test requirement received and consolidated with from development (Test process being understood as: consolidated test requirements, product specific jigs and fixtures and product specific test sequence which together witho0ur universal tester will execute product testing in production environment)
As member of the project development team:
- acting as the test process project leader
- preparing required test infrastructure, including release of new tooling / software / equipment / process
- supporting execution and evaluation of ESR'S, (pre-)pilot runs and ramping up and capturing and deploying learnings / best practices
- debugs and releasing test process to ensure automatic testing is available prior trial run which is the last milestone before commercial release)
In relation towards own factories and Subcon's:
- acting as a help chain for conceptual testing problems after project / transfer finish (support, problem solving, change management) and 3rd level maintenance responsible for support
- initially works from Piła, if necessary travels to Poland/ Netherlands for training, debugging and release purposes
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Fluency in English
- At least 3 years of experience in electronics manufacturing industry
- Demonstrates understanding of test methodologies, understanding of design for manufacturing, design for test.
- Demonstrates understanding of electronic circuits and components (able to design basic electronics circuits)
- Possesses Electronics boards measurement skills (measurement equipment & methods)
- Experience with electrical schematics and boards design software (Eagle, Protel or similar)
- Demonstrates understanding of communication protocols (RS232/485, I2C)
- Experience with microcontrollers in circuit programming process (hardware, methods) Experience with programming languages like C, C#, LabView
- Demonstrates project and task management skills
Nice to have skills (that can be developed on this position)
- Test and Measurement skills including in area of LED Driver products, Lamp driver products, L2 products, sensors and controls
- Experience in electrical schematics design software (E-Plan)
- Experience with communication protocols used for lamp drivers (Dali, Zigbee, NFC, Blue tooth)
- Experience with different testing/ programming approaches in manufacturing environment: programmers, ICT testing, HALT/ HAS testing, functional testing, light measurement
- Understanding of test coverage calculation/ MuFLus of different test sub processes
- Ability to understand LED drivers, Lamp Drivers, L2 products, sensors and controls , their specific functionality and what is required for testing
- Understanding functional building blocks , do's and don't s for functional testers
- Experience with manufacturing testing tooling design and release process
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- BenefitSystem cards
- Discount for Philips' products
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Philips career site - vacancy number 259290.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal Data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883).
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top