Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things (IoT) and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
You will be working with the Business Professional Systems within Signify which is leading the way in the Interact IoT platform and Interact connected lighting systems and services for a wide range of Professional applications.
As part of this global team, you will collaborate and coordinate closely with multiple technical authors and product managers in multiple locations as well as other functions within the business operation. This is a full-time position and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
Do you have a passion for technical communication? Do you want to be challenged by leveraging your expertise in preparing English language end-user content? Do you represent and advocate for the interest of multiple customer audiences - from novice to advanced - ensuring jargon-free, understandable information? If so, then please join us!
Together we can...
· Create various forms of technical communication touchpoints for hardware and software products and systems, with a focus on software products. Examples include: User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Application Guides, and Commissioning Guides, on-line help, knowledge databases, etc.
· Create content in line with the development goals of the business using language that facilitates easy and accurate multi-language translation.
· Maintain consistency within the content of a system or product family and across product families of similar design while ensuring that all content adheres to company tone of voice, product branding, and style standards.
- In possession of a Bachelor degree, preferably in a technical area (such as electrical, software, or network engineering)
- Sound experience in technical writing in the English (American) language (a minimum of 3 years - native English speaker preferred), ideally within an R&D and manufacturing environment
- Capable and driven to write complex information in a clear and succinct manner, including step-by-step processes
- Skilled in research and information gathering in multi-site and multi-culture environment
- Experienced with component authoring systems, content management systems and data formatting standards as well as with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and screen capture tools
- Effective in time management and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, under tight deadlines
- A self-starter who will take initiative for continuous streamlining and improvement of current processes to move towards best practice
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong professional relationships with peers and customers
- Knowledgeable of Internet of Things (IoT) - is an advantage
- Experienced in working as part of a software development team utilizing Agile methodology - is an advantage
- Experienced in describing an application programming interface (API) - is an advantage
Back to top