Technical Compliance Engineer
Job TitleTechnical Compliance Engineer
At Philips Lighting, we believe innovation shapes our lives. That's why we've been investing continually in new technologies for over 100 years. This has allowed us to create a substantial portfolio of intellectual property (IP).
Philips Lighting has created technological solutions that have improved many people's lives. However, we know that although innovation sparks new markets and even new industries, bringing these ideas to market can be difficult. Drawing on the ideas of others through licensing can make the process much easier and open up new business opportunities. This is where licensing our Intellectual Property (IP) can make all the difference.
As Technical Compliance Engineer you are closely collaborating and supporting the Intellectual Property Licensing and Contract Compliance Teams. You are supporting the extension of existing license agreements, and the pre-discussion of new contracts. You do this by analyzing product offerings of companies and by making a first assessment of a need to license.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Analyzing product portfolios of different companies to make an initial assessment of possible need of an IP license. Typically this is done by investigating products offered by a company through all kinds of different channels, for example the internet or product catalogues.
- Providing screenings for (running) licensees. Provide analysis and reports to project holders, Licensing Professionals, and management.
- Providing guidance and advice to internal stakeholders and external resources, while assuring full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintaining compliance due diligence reports and records.
- Analyzing proposed compliance activities and provides related feedback.
- Supporting compliance checks for ensuring that all administrative aspects of the Philips SSL license royalty examination program are fulfilled.
- Interfacing with the Reverse Engineering Team to complete product assessments where needed.
As a Technical Compliance Engineer t you will be part of the Philips Lighting Intellectual property. Philips Lighting Intellectual Property is a leading industrial IP organization providing world class IP solutions to Philips Lighting's businesses to support their growth, competitiveness and profitability. Find out more about Philips Lighting IP: http://philips.to/2izcU9M
Within this position you will become part of the global IP Intelligence team, which is offering a full range of information and analysis services, like IP Intelligence, Market Intelligence, patent searches and trademark searches. You will be closely collaborating with the IP Licensing Counsels and Contract Compliance Teams, and will be part of an international department of Finance and IP professionals with wide-ranging backgrounds and IP experience, gained both inside and outside Philips.
We are looking for
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related fields
- Experience in compliance, or equivalent experience in technical- and/or financially-related field is a plus
- Advanced or Expert End User with Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets.
- Experience in Internet and database search techniques is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting and presentation skills
- Able to work independently, proactive, flexible, creative, and self-starting mentality
- Familiarity with a variety of standard concepts, practices and procedures in contracts are a plus
- Fluent in English. Additional EU and Asian language skills are a plus.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by company standards.
- May be required to travel.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world who is not leaded by innovation, but who is in the lead by creating meaningful innovation. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 256361. As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible! After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top