Technical Compliance Engineer
Job TitleTechnical Compliance Engineer
Lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. With Connected Lighting, we create value beyond illumination for our customers. Do meaningful work, while the whole world is lighting up and be a part of creating innovation, because it's the diversity of ideas of our people that inspires the innovation that runs through the whole world of lighting. Be a part of creating innovation, because it's the diversity of ideas for our people that inspires the innovations that runs through the whole world of lighting. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk
As a Technical Compliance Engineer within Philips Lighting Intellectual Property you will become part of an international community of IP professionals with wide-ranging technical backgrounds and IP experience, gained both inside and outside Philips. Would you like to advance your career in one of the world's largest and best known industrial IP organizations? Then joining Philips Intellectual Property as a Technical Compliance Engineer t is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career.
As Technical Compliance Engineer you are closely collaborating and supporting the Intellectual Property Licensing and Contract Compliance Teams. You are supporting the extension of existing license agreements, and the pre-discussion of new contracts. You do this by analyzing product offerings of companies and by making a first assessment of a need to license.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Analyzing product portfolios of different companies to make an initial assessment of possible need of an IP license. Typically this is done by investigating products offered by a company through all kinds of different channels, for example the internet or product catalogues.
- Providing screenings for (running) licensees. Provide analysis and reports to project holders, Licensing Professionals, and management.
- Providing guidance and advice to internal stakeholders and external resources, while assuring full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintaining compliance due diligence reports and records.
- Analyzing proposed compliance activities and provides related feedback.
- Supporting compliance checks for ensuring that all administrative aspects of the Philips SSL license royalty examination program are fulfilled.
- Interfacing with the Reverse Engineering Team to complete product assessments where needed.
As a Technical Compliance Engineer t you will be part of the Philips Lighting Intellectual property. Philips Lighting Intellectual Property is a leading industrial IP organization providing world class IP solutions to Philips Lighting's businesses to support their growth, competitiveness and profitability. Find out more about Philips Lighting IP: http://philips.to/2izcU9M
Within this position you will become part of the global IP Intelligence team, which is offering a full range of information and analysis services, like IP Intelligence, Market Intelligence, patent searches and trademark searches. You will be closely collaborating with the IP Licensing Counsels and Contract Compliance Teams, and will be part of an international department of Finance and IP professionals with wide-ranging backgrounds and IP experience, gained both inside and outside Philips.
We are looking for
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related fields
- At least two years of experience in compliance, or equivalent experience in technical- and/or financially-related field.
- Advanced or Expert End User with Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets.
- Experience in Internet and database search techniques is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting and presentation skills
- Able to work independently, proactive, flexible, creative, and self-starting mentality
- Familiarity with a variety of standard concepts, practices and procedures in contracts are a plus
- Fluent in English. Additional EU and Asian language skills are a plus.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by company standards.
- May be required to travel.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world who is not leaded by innovation, but who is in the lead by creating meaningful innovation. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 256361. As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible! After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top