Team Mechanic-Night shift
Job TitleTeam Mechanic-Night shift
Monitor and perform team mechanic operations during our night shift (6pm to 6am) in any of the following areas: end-former, coating, fixture room, flare room, mounts, sealer–pumper, threader, back-end, etcher, lehr, exhaust, base prefill, robots, packer, unitizer, conveyors, and other miscellaneous areas. Perform necessary and preventative maintenance, including operation, set up adjustment and repair on miscellaneous glass and lamp making equipment.
- Receive assignments from supervisors, technicians, mastergroups. Work from written or verbal instructions, specifications and drawings.
- Produce a quality product within specification and tolerances, keep machine downtime to a minimum, maintain efficiency at a high level, diagnose and correct both process and machine problems as they develop during production.
- Perform disassembly, repair, re-assembly, re-installation and adjustments to components such as vacuum pumps, exhaust and sealer heads, coating turrets, lehr rollers, flare machines, end formers, mount mill, triples, and all other lamp and glass making and packaging equipment.
- Give directions and operating instruction to lower classified employees.
- Perform housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Operate forklift truck as needed.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Participates actively in a group of highly trained employees working as a team responsible for a product and/or process, including: scheduling, coordinating, producing, monitoring and controlling the work. Additionally, the incumbent will be held responsible for quality, quantity, costs, schedules, problem solving, and safety.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/home
We are looking for:
An experienced Team Mechanic.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be proficient in the use of all hand tools, measuring devises, drills, grinders, gas fill checkers, spark coils, vacuum testers, and various automatic fluorescent assemblies and processing equipment.
- 3000 hours of formal or mechanical experience, pass mechanical aptitude test
- Successfully complete the forklift classroom training, and receive forklift certification within 90 days of appointment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to comply with established Safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top