Systems Engineer, configurators expert (French or German Speaking)
Are you an Electrical or Control Systems Engineer with strong skills in configuring, commissioning and testing of building and/or lighting controls systems?
Then apply now as a Systems Engineer in our new Systems Center in Madrid, Spain! You will be responsible for commissioning and testing (a.o. SAT) of our lighting projects. You get the chance to successfully deliver our projects to the customer and drive customer satisfaction.
As Systems Engineer, your core tasks include:
- Develop detailed design for the relevant programmable building blocks
- Support Architecture Manager and Technical Designer in the technical solution during bid and contract execution
- Iterate the design of his own sub-system, until cost of the sub-system matches budget allocated
- Build mock-ups to test inter-operability and/or features of the sub-system
- Upon Architect Manager request, provide technical expertise in sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance. Fix issues
- Performs remote and on site commissioning
Philips Lighting is dedicated to enhancing life with light. We are the leading provider in the world of lighting systems for both professional and consumer markets. The remarkable transformation currently taking place in the lighting industry caused by the LED technology and its novel applications as the new source of lighting, we have ample opportunity to create value propositions and business opportunities in all market segments.
As we are building our new European Lighting Systems Center for Connected Lighting Systems, we are looking for top talent to be the catalyst of change and support sales growth in our strategic domains.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Systems and Solution Centers in Europe.
Next to the opportunity to join an eager yet fun team, we offer you the chance to be at the forefront of exciting innovative projects. Developments in our markets occur in high speed, and we need you to know all about them! You will be able to travel throughout Europe to our projects and meet our customers face to face.
Also you will have the opportunity to grow your career inside and outside the Systems Center through personal development.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore!
We are looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to be/ have:
- Bachelor's degree in technology/sciences, or a related discipline
- Expertise in configurators (BACnet, OPC) and/or network analyzers, system debug tools, loggers.
- Significant experience in a fast paced technology/engineering industry
- Proven track records in integrated and cloud solutions: design, installation and commissioning
- Knowledge of design patterns specification and writing in own domain
- Specialized implementation of solution building blocks and services such as Dynalite, Teletrol, CK, IT Security, Envision Manager, POE, CityTouch.
- Experience talking to 3rd parties and customers adapting the terminology used to their technical knowledge
- Excellent command of English and German orFrench
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for several recruitment- and business interviews.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top