System Expert – Office & Industry (Professional Lighting Systems)
Job TitleSystem Expert – Office & Industry (Professional Lighting Systems)
The Global Segment team Office & Industry is responsible to define, validate and drive the introduction of related architectures for the end user sales teams. As part of the global segment team, a System expert team is responsible to prepare and conduct technical training for the End User sales teams and the involved System Centers to enable the country organizations to successfully propose, sell, deliver and maintain these architectures in their Markets.
New architectures are usually deployed by means of 1st of a kind pilot projects. Successfully delivering these 1st of a kind projects are a main responsibility of the system expert group and are used to be the training ground for System Centers. As such the System Expert team bridges the new technologies from Research and Development towards the Sales teams in each Market Philips is represented.
Next to the End User sales channel, the System Expert team is also providing direct Technical Support to our sales Partners. Advanced technical training and Technical support is key for our Partner channel sales development.
- Train and support System Centers and the End User sales teams, System Architects, LIAS and Field Engineering, on O&I related architectures to enable them to successfully propose, sell, deliver and maintain commercial projects.
- On request of System Centers, define, assess, test and validate the system architecture for specific projects.
- Support the commissioning, maintenance and operations of the systems in the field.
- Provide technical support to sales Partners being part of the Philips VAP program.
- On request of the Training manager, provide advanced technical training to our sales Partners.
- Acceptance testing on new architectures including the documentation pack, prior to Market introduction.
- On request of the Alliance manager, participate to establish and validate the ecosystem of 3rd party suppliers and building blocks that integrate into the architectures for O&I.
- Feedback market experience to the Segment team members and R&D community.
- Technically setup and support architecture demos at key industry trade shows.
You will be part of the Global System Expert team with a focus on the European Markets.
Your key customers are System Center in Madrid / Eindhoven and sales Partners which have enrolled to the Philips VAP program. You report to the Head of System Expert team Office & Industry. The work location is Eindhoven, High Tech Campus
You will be a part of the fast-growing Lighting business that is always evolving. This role is part of a Global team, offering you the opportunity to work with Sales & Marketing as well as R&D. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to be involved in complex Lighting systems enhancing building management and space optimization and moving forward to the internet of things.
When joining Philips Lighting, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips Lighting shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
This position is located at High Tech Campus, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
We are looking for
The successful candidate in this role has/is:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with at least 5 years of experience in field service or networking industry OR
- Master's degree in engineering with at least 3 years of experience.
- Proven experience in creating, testing and validating system architectures for interactive and multi-modal (lighting) systems
- Broad knowledge of sensors and human system interaction
- Broad knowledge on dynamic lighting systems, light control protocols (DALI, Dynet, DMX, IPv4, IPv6, Zigbee, Windows Server 2012 etc.) diverse integrations gateways (KNX, BACnet, LON, modbus, RS485, RS232)
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems and SCADA environments
- Knowledge of IT systems, IT networks and wireless mesh networks
- Familiar with the Philips product portfolio.
- Broad knowledge servers, web services, server management and operations
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary teams, being the linking pin between technical and commercial teams.
- Result driven and very ambitious
- Very good communicator and able to bridge differences between partners
- Flexible and eager to learn to adjust to changing needs of the organization
- Fluent in English
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead
the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top