System Center Technology Internship
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
Be part of our European System Center for Lighting Control Systems based on Smart and Connected lighting technical solutions to contribute to the Smart Cities Initiative. In our Systems Center, we work with professional lighting systems for large enterprise projects in various industries and in countries all over Europe.
We look for creative thinkers who can help to contribute to initiatives that help optimize the System Center Europe efficiency even further allowing for lower operational costs while increasing quality. This can be achieved by reviewing and optimizing documentation, processes and suggesting other improvements.
This includes assisting the team in developing a technical training program to keep the knowledge level from the current people up to date and create a starting point for new employees.
Both technical as commercial aspects are of importance for this role.
- What are the one or two key challenges in this position?
- Work with the newest technology in a very wide spectrum of controls
- Create a standard for a professional and growing European team
- How will you contribute to the growth of Philips Lighting?
- By increasing efficiency Philips Lighting will be able to respond quicker to customer requests and increasing capacity
- Analyze current way of working and document this into a standard for the European Team
- Review and optimize processes
- Adapt training programs to fur fill current needs
- Support technical designers or System Engineering teams to develop technical solutions in pre sales phase and technical installations/commissioning in Post Sales Stage.
- European Systems Center based in Madrid which provides a service to the whole market group Europe with a focus in delivering projects with the newest lighting controls
- We offer a great learning opportunity to be part of an International Organization which works in several countries throughout Europe
- State of the art technology and systems for connected lighting controls and IoT solutions in both technical and commercial driven projects
- System Center has various functions that allow for natural growth from one role to another based of experience and interests
Specific Profile Requirements
- At minimum Bachelor of Science University Degree
- English, Spanish and another strongly language preferred e.g. German, French or Italian (minimum B2)
- Technical knowledge of IoT, Smart Cities, Big Data, BMS, Automation or lighting backgrounds are all highly values
- Able to work Independently
- Have both a technical as commercial background
- Have experience with optimizing and documenting processes
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting/Signify. Apply today.
Back to top