Supplier Quality Engineer
Job TitleSupplier Quality Engineer
- Implements supplier quality, sustainability and supplier development processes
- Sets supplier quality requirements to suppliers and products
- (Leads and (co-))decides on qualification of suppliers based on their competences and competitiveness during qualification audits
- Drives early supplier engagement in the NPI process, validates and (dis)approves release of components, assemblies and processes at suppliers. Owns the PPAP process.
- Implements supplier development initiatives
- Reports on performance, supports business reviews at suppliers
- Controls and (dis)approves changes of products and processes at suppliers using industry standard practices.
- Engages suppliers in the Philips Sustainability Programs such as Hazard Substance Compliancy, Carbon Disclosure, SSD and Conflict Minerals and responsible for their continuous compliance
- Manages quality at regional and some global suppliers in one or two commodities
- Works in a changing, medium risk environment with regular change and growth
- Initiates and implements process change at suppliers
- Drives resolution of complex quality problems (having several root causes that interact and are difficult to establish) across suppliers
- Problem solving requires good knowledge and application of problem solving techniques and knowledge of technology
At Philips, you can accelerate your personal growth by being part of entrepreneurial teams, building a career designed for you and integrating work-life balance throughout your career with us. You will also get a good salary package with attractive medical benefit.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top