Supplier Quality Engineer
Job TitleSupplier Quality Engineer
- Implements supplier quality, sustainability and supplier development processes
- Sets supplier quality requirements to suppliers and products
- (Leads and (co-))decides on qualification of suppliers based on their competences and competitiveness during qualification audits
- Drives early supplier engagement in the NPI process, validates and (dis)approves release of components, assemblies and processes at suppliers. Owns the PPAP process.
- Implements supplier development initiatives
- Reports on performance, supports business reviews at suppliers
- Controls and (dis)approves changes of products and processes at suppliers using industry standard practices.
- Engages suppliers in the Philips Sustainability Programs such as Hazard Substance Compliancy, Carbon Disclosure, SSD and Conflict Minerals and responsible for their continuous compliance
- Manages quality at regional and some global suppliers in one or two commodities
- Works in a changing, medium risk environment with regular change and growth
- Initiates and implements process change at suppliers
- Drives resolution of complex quality problems (having several root causes that interact and are difficult to establish) across suppliers
- Problem solving requires good knowledge and application of problem solving techniques and knowledge of technology
At Philips, you can accelerate your personal growth by being part of entrepreneurial teams, building a career designed for you and integrating work-life balance throughout your career with us. You will also get a good salary package with attractive medical benefit.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top