Strategist / Manager Group Strategy
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...
The Strategy team works together with Signify Businesses, Markets and other functional teams on high impact projects with a mandate from the Leadership Team. This is a central team that drives deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership for the company.
The Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies, based out of Amsterdam. The Strategy team is a talent pool for future Signify leaders.
Be part of an industry which is undergoing fundamental change driven by new technologies and digital transformation. Signify is the global leader in lighting products and services - tackling exciting professional segments (e.g., improving shopper navigation in retail stores using visible light communication or changing the way offices are operating through Light Fidelity, wireless internet via lighting) as well as consumer product segments (e.g., Hue connected home lights). We continuously invest in new innovations and are considered a leader in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) space. We are building out our capabilities while creating impactful partnerships with leading global players (e.g., Apple, Cisco, Google, Bosch, SAP). At the same time we strive to make the world more sustainable through energy-efficient lighting systems and we are committed to help end light poverty. We have been actively supporting governments with their push towards "Smart Cities" with our connected lighting and services and continue to invest in green innovation.
Together we can...
Are you a highly talented strategist, currently working for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, who can support our Leadership Team to make the right decisions? Are you interested in innovation and seeking new challenges? Can you bring together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions? This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy, innovation and growth in a global company.
As a Manager in the Strategy team, you will:
- Own and drive project modules, under the guidance of your project manager, working closely with business stakeholders
- Conduct high quality, impactful, evidence-based business analyses
- Build and communicate actionable strategy recommendations
- Contribute to running and improving the Strategy team
A talented Strategy Manager for our Lighting Strategy team in Amsterdam with:
- At least 2 years recent experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.); alternatively, 3 to 6 years in business development or strategy with a top-tier international company or 3 to 6 years in a private equity or venture capital firm
- International business experience
- Excellent academic track record
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel (maximum of 25% of time, but generally lower)
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top