Strategic Purchaser (Procurement Engineer)
Job TitleStrategic Purchaser (Procurement Engineer)
Philips is the leading provider of lighting solutions and applications both for professional and consumer markets, transforming how lighting is used to enhance the human experience in the places where people live and work. Our ambition is to enhance life with light and thereby improve the quality of people's lives.
Are you triggered by generating cost savings? Motivated to influence design specifications, supply base and pricing models? By realizing ambitious cost-down targets in existing products, and bringing new products to market with an optimum cost position you create financial value, as well as quality and improved processes as a result.
In this very rewarding role, you drive cost down projects, represent procurement in new product introduction projects and achieve product cost reduction through value engineering, cost modelling and supply chain optimization. You are a key participant in the "idea to market" (I2M) set of processes, from business planning to product lifecycle cost optimization. Primarily, you assist development teams in the New Product Development& Launch process by providing them with accurate cost estimates and by challenging them to further optimize the product and the supply chain. As a Procurement Engineer you support your business to access Procurement activities, from Idea to Market (I2M) via Market to Order (M2O) towards Order to Cash. Also, you manage involvement of cross functional team members such as Commodity Management and Quality in the product creation process.
Your tasks as a Strategic Purchaser (Procurement Engineer) are to:
- Realize Business and Procurement objectives and KPI's (e.g. target costing for new products, cost reduction for existing products).
- Translate the Business requirements into a procurement strategy. Based on business requirements you provide input regarding the supply base characteristics to drive the Supplier Selection Process together with the Commodity Teams.
- Align Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers, as well as to ensure early supplier involvement in the product development phase.
- Provide Target Cost and should-cost assessments for newly proposed products;
- Implement cost the reduction strategy focused on the product life cycle. You apply the product cost reduction through Value Engineering, Design for Excellence and supply chain optimization.
- Execute and support new product introduction as well as phase in – phase Out (PIPO) planning.
- Manage standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement).
The opportunity to join a Philips facility that produces top quality, best-in-class professional luminaires and lighting appliances, under a brand with more than a century of success so far since 1891. In Philips you will be able to build a career by helping us improve the lives of 3 billion people by 2025.
We are looking for
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar environment.
- Understanding of production methods & materials, suppliers, business models, key drivers, measures and priorities;
- Experience and knowledge in Design for Excellence cost-down convention approach, and applying cost models as well as New Product Introduction (NPI)
- A natural motivation to execute and manage cost-down projects and NPI projects as well as challenging the status quo.
- Strong knowledge of long term structural cost drivers for an assigned product/category.
- Engineering background
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in procurement and logistics
- Knowledge of English language
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top