Strategic Buyer ( Senior Manager level)
Job TitleStrategic Buyer ( Senior Manager level)
Co-develop, maintain and execute commodity strategies for the assigned
- Responsible for building and maintaining a preferred supply base for the
- Responsible for supplier evaluation and management within the assigned
- Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop,
maintain and execute).
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence
- Lead or participate in the tender generation and review process for the
- Apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support
(indirect) materials & services decisions within the assigned scope.
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
- Responsible for reviewing the compliance of the suppliers in the assigned scope
regarding the Supplier Quality, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier
- Responsible for a business process review with the supplier to ensure supplier
market trends, performance and future needs of the relevant businesses /
markets are aligned.
- Ensures compliance to procurement policy for the assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for account management role for the assigned scope.
- Responsible for leveraging supplier innovation into Philips.
- Define and execute project/contract roll-outs in coordination with demand side
- Establish programs for developing supplier relationships, negotiations and
performance management / feedback.
- Develop and maintain appropriate network inside and outside Philips to ensure
successful execution of strategies.
- Drives synergies/improvement for assigned portfolio.
- Develop supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible
for the assigned scope.
- Upon request, responsible for supporting DfX conventions within the assigned
- Responsible for facilitating in/outsourcing decisions from a TCO point of view.
- Upon request, able to execute a supplier scouting assignment within the
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top