Strategic Buyer ( Senior Manager level)
Job TitleStrategic Buyer ( Senior Manager level)
Co-develop, maintain and execute commodity strategies for the assigned
- Responsible for building and maintaining a preferred supply base for the
- Responsible for supplier evaluation and management within the assigned
- Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop,
maintain and execute).
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence
- Lead or participate in the tender generation and review process for the
- Apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support
(indirect) materials & services decisions within the assigned scope.
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
- Responsible for reviewing the compliance of the suppliers in the assigned scope
regarding the Supplier Quality, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier
- Responsible for a business process review with the supplier to ensure supplier
market trends, performance and future needs of the relevant businesses /
markets are aligned.
- Ensures compliance to procurement policy for the assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for account management role for the assigned scope.
- Responsible for leveraging supplier innovation into Philips.
- Define and execute project/contract roll-outs in coordination with demand side
- Establish programs for developing supplier relationships, negotiations and
performance management / feedback.
- Develop and maintain appropriate network inside and outside Philips to ensure
successful execution of strategies.
- Drives synergies/improvement for assigned portfolio.
- Develop supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible
for the assigned scope.
- Upon request, responsible for supporting DfX conventions within the assigned
- Responsible for facilitating in/outsourcing decisions from a TCO point of view.
- Upon request, able to execute a supplier scouting assignment within the
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top