Strategic Buyer LATAM Mechanical - Barueri / SP
Job TitleStrategic Buyer LATAM Mechanical - Barueri / SP
Working closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop and implement strategic commodity plans for the BMC's at the lowest total cost (TCO) to meet the defined requirements within the Procurement function. This includes development and co-ordination of key procurement strategies with the BoM and/or Indirect Materials & Services procurement team where applicable. Accountability for (indirect) material and services costs, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and supply management information/data management, providing support and guidance to relevant procurement peers, building of supply market intelligence to support business and or market decisions. They deliver added value by bringing the entire Procurement network (CM, PE, MP, Gov and Support) to the equation.
- Co-develop, maintain and execute commodity strategies for the assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a preferred supply base for the assigned scope.
- Responsible for supplier evaluation and management within the assigned scope. - Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned scope.
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop, maintain and execute).
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence info.
- Lead or participate in the tender generation and review process for the assigned scope.
- Apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support (indirect) materials & services decisions within the assigned scope.
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
- Responsible for reviewing the compliance of the suppliers in the assigned scope regarding the Supplier Quality, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier Development KPI's.
- Responsible for a business process review with the supplier to ensure supplier market trends, performance and future needs of the relevant businesses / markets are aligned.
- Ensures compliance to procurement policy for the assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for account management role for the assigned scope.
- Responsible for leveraging supplier innovation into Philips.
- Define and execute project/contract roll-outs in coordination with demand side detailed plans.
- Establish programs for developing supplier relationships, negotiations and performance management / feedback.
- Develop and maintain appropriate network inside and outside Philips to ensure successful execution of strategies. - Drives synergies/improvement for assigned portfolio.
- Develop supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible for the assigned scope.
- Upon request, responsible for supporting DfX conventions within the assigned scope. Responsible for facilitating in/outsourcing decisions from a TCO point of view.
- Upon request, able to execute a supplier scouting assignment within the assigned scope.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineer
- Experience with procurement (from 5 to 10 years), negotiation with suppliers, contracts
- Clear knowledge and understanding of supply chain and procurement processes
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top