Job TitleStrategic Buyer
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to lead procurement project activities and reporting it results within the teams.•Leads the negotiations and the process with suppliers where local solutions are required ensuring lowest total cost of ownership to contribute to the profitability objectives for projects in the markets.•Up to date with the developments in the market and within the business related commodities. Uses these insights as input to the commodity strategy development process.•
- Stimulates significant impact of price of product or services within an assigned scope.•Supports TCO improvement discussions.•Addresses complex, multi-dimensional sourcing challenges for the business.
- Driving the demand side of market and project procurement (sales & IMS) projects geared to address and reduce total costs ensuring the best possible solution in the applicable region/area.
- Develop and maintain appropriate network inside and outside Philips to ensure successful execution of strategies.
- Bachelor Degree > 5 years of relevant experience
- 3-5 years' experience in customer oriented projects
- Broad knowledge of Procurement••Experience in project procurement••Experience in contract negotiations
- Some knowledge of business engineering with technical affinity, if relevant for the commodity
- Knowledge of sales processes
- Strong stakeholder management skills in a matrix environment
- Ability to translate supply solutions / strategies in practical implementation
- Ability to innovate and find opportunities for procurement to add value to the internal customer business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and insight
A reputation for unimpeachable integrity
- E-sourcing Tools & Processes
- Negotiation (Game Theory)
- Analysis methodologies (e.g. value analysis, price structure analysis, ABC analysis)
- Product and Business Model Benchmarking
- Value Engineering
- Knowledge of Contract Law
- SMART & CLOGS Coding
- Supplier Relationship Management
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top