Job TitleStrategic Buyer
Supplier account manager for (new) HUE Lamp supplier.
Working closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop and implement strategic commodity plans for the BMC's at the lowest total cost (TCO) to meet the defined requirements within the Procurement function. This includes development and co-ordination of key procurement strategies with the BoM and/or Indirect Materials & Services procurement team where applicable.
Accountability for (indirect) material and services costs, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and supply management information/data management, providing support and guidance to relevant procurement peers, building of supply market intelligence to support business and or market decisions. They deliver added value by bringing the entire Procurement network (CM, PE, MP, Gov and Support) to the equation.
- Co-develop, maintain and execute commodity strategies for the assigned
- Responsible for building and maintaining a preferred supply base for the
- Responsible for supplier evaluation and management within the assigned
- Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop,
maintain and execute).
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence info.
- Lead or participate in the tender generation and review process for the
- Apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support
(indirect) materials & services decisions within the assigned scope.
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
- Responsible for reviewing the compliance of the suppliers in the assigned scope
regarding the Supplier Quality, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier
- Responsible for a business process review with the supplier to ensure supplier
market trends, performance and future needs of the relevant businesses /
markets are aligned.
- Ensures compliance to procurement policy for the assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for account management role for the assigned scope.
- Responsible for leveraging supplier innovation into Philips.
- Define and execute project/contract roll-outs in coordination with demand side
- Establish programs for developing supplier relationships, negotiations and
performance management / feedback.
- Develop and maintain appropriate network inside and outside Philips to ensure
successful execution of strategies.
- Drives synergies/improvement for assigned portfolio.
- Develop supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible
for the assigned scope.
- Upon request, responsible for supporting DfX conventions within the assigned
- Responsible for facilitating in/outsourcing decisions from a TCO point of view.
- Upon request, able to execute a supplier scouting assignment within the
- BS/MS degree in a relevant discipline
- Approximately 3/4 years of relevant working experience. Understands changing business needs for the area
- Supported and the subsequent impact on commodity flow
- Possesses the expertise and seasoning to lead contract negotiations
- Demonstrates ability to leverage global contracts
- Builds and maintains up-to-date knowledge about company's processes, strategies and industry trends
- Requires good knowledge of the procurement area i.e. commodity market strategies, goals and objectives
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top