Sr. Threat Intelligence Analyst
Job TitleSr. Threat Intelligence Analyst
As the Threat Intelligence Analyst/Hunter you will be challenged to leverage your experience in the production of actionable Threat Intelligence. Your deliverables will be used to improve operational day-to-day threat preventative and detective measures while strategically driving decisions and process improvement. This role will perform proactive hunts to identify anomalous activity indicative of active compromise, previous compromise, misconfigurations, or other notable observations. This will be a hands-on and very technical cyber security role which will require good communication and relationship skills to ensure technical issues can be translated into business terms for appropriate decision making.
- Collection, analysis and distribution of Information Security (InfoSec) threat information from multiple sources
- Preparation of intelligence reports, alerts and briefings, adversary threat actor profiles, and technical reports
- Hunting and discovering previously unidentified/unknown and emerging threats
- Analyzing threat intelligence and determine techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTPs) of Threat Actors, including detailed technical analysis of the TTPs
- Translating analytical findings into security use cases that can be implemented within available detection capabilities
- Serving as a data analysis expert for output from a wide variety of tools
- Providing detailed and accurate technical reporting of analysis results
- Researching new techniques for analysis & developing deeper technical analysis skills
- Supporting the development of new cyber data analytics techniques
- Supporting SOC analysis and incident response as needed
We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips’ achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025. Your contributions will enable broader deployment of solutions that address some of society’s most pressing issues. You will help shape the future of light and impacting sustainability and the curtailment of costly and damaging energy consumption.
You will also have the opportunity to further advance your career in a company that believes in offering its employees the challenges and opportunities they need to grow professionally and personally. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
You will report directly into the Director, Security Operations Center, and work under daily operational control of the Threat Intelligence / Hunt Team Leader. You will be a part of a team that will focus on creating and consuming cyber intelligence about threat actors and threat vectors affecting company interests. This team will also be responsible for data analysis in order to identify previously unseen threat indicators and turning those into use cases for SIEM alerts.
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate must have a passion for information security, with a good understanding of adversary motivations, capability and intent in cybercrime and the tools and techniques of the trade.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in IT Security roles, with 3+ years of experience with Cyber Threat Analysis, Red Teaming or Incident Response
- CISSP, GIAC, or similar Information Security certification is preferred
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher, Hunter and/or Intelligence Analyst
- Experience in Incident Response, Event Management, Network Forensics, Signature Creation, Log Analysis & Collection
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Experience hunting for unknown threats, as well as tracking existing campaigns and adversaries to see how they evolve over time
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of cyber-attack vectors, detection techniques, malware analysis, cybercrime networks and methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of networking fundamentals such as network protocols, ports and common services, TCP/IP protocols
- In-depth understanding of technical details related to common TTPs employed by threat actors
- Experience in Big Data analytics and visualization
- Ability to learn & perform analysis quickly while balancing attention to detail and thoroughness
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation & communication skills
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 202292.After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews. For more information contact Lisanne Hofstad-Abrahamse ([email protected]).
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top