Sr. Manager ICS SOx
Job TitleSr. Manager ICS SOx
Job DescriptionYour Challenge
The Manager Internal Control is responsible for performing the assessment of risks and internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR). Key activities include performing ICOFR risk impact assessment on new or existing processes, developing and maintaining Corporate SOX framework, advising on the design, implementation of controls, support the remediation of control deficiencies and remediate design gaps for a process. This is a demanding role requiring adherence to deadlines, communication skills and a flexible approach.
This position will report to the Head of Internal Control. The role will frequently interact with process owners as well as internal and external auditors.
- Help create value for the finance organization by designing efficient solutions to drive operational efficiencies, compliance with company policies, and thereby reducing risk of material financial reporting misstatements.
- Administration of the quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley certification process.
- Represent Internal Controls in selected Audit & Risk Committees
- Participate in system and project implementations which have Internal Control /SOx implications.
- Work closely with different levels of management and business process owners to ensure key controls are timely identified and embedded in the process, tested, and operating effectively.
- Monitor and advice process owners on action plans for remediation of deficient controls on a timely basis.
- Perform root cause analysis and design efficient and effective remediation plans.
- Work closely with process/control owners to ensure that audit findings are timely resolved.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reporting to key stakeholders such as senior management.
- Identify opportunity to increase efficiency and continuously improve on the existing internal control framework.
- •Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Process and Control Owners and Internal Audit to determine key risk areas that needs process improvement.
- Assist in developing practical approaches and solutions that address internal control compliance challenges and issues.
- Assist to drive change, implement process improvements, and be a valued business partner
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services.
Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Ever wondered what life at Philips Lighting looks like? Check out some of our inspiring employee stories to see what we mean.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Internal Audit (CIA) is required
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience within Finance Compliance
- Experience as auditor (preferably in one of the Big 4 public accounting firms) is a big plus
- Able to identify, document and evaluate key financial and business control processes within a global organization.
- Ability to comprehend the relationship between different control procedures and objectives and the impact on overall internal control framework
- Results oriented and strong analytical skills
- Outstanding knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and ability to gain respect of senior management
- Knowledge of Internal control compliance tool is a plus
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Hands on mentality
- Highly motivated and able to manage in a changing environment.
- Confident communicator with strong inter-personal skills, effective in dealing with people at all levels
- Comfortable working in a team and independently, willing and able to take on responsibility
- Pragmatic, reliable, flexible and adaptable.
Recruitment process and contact
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible.
After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top