Sr. Analyst - Competitive Intelligence
Job TitleSr. Analyst - Competitive Intelligence
Would you like to be part of an industry which is undergoing fundamental change driven by new technologies and digital transformation? Can you help the world's leading lighting company make the next shift in its business model?
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products and services – tackling exciting consumer product segments (e.g., Hue connected lights) as well as a range of professional ones (e.g., improving shopper navigation in retail stores using visible light communication).
We continuously invest in new innovations and are considered a leader in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) space. We are building out our capabilities while creating impactful partnerships with leading global players (e.g., Apple, Cisco, Google, SAP)
What are we looking for?
Are you a highly talented senior researcher with managerial experience, interested in market and competitive analysis, working for a leading firm? Are you interested in new analytical techniques (e.g., "big data") and seeking new challenges?
This is a unique opportunity to influence the strategy and competitive positioning of a global company. Can you bring together the right balance of analytical skills, combined with problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your research into strategic insights?
As a Senior Competitive Intelligence (CI) Analyst in the Strategy & Market Intelligence department, you will be responsible to –
- Be the most senior Analyst in the team and as such mentor your team members on the team
- Research in an efficient and ethical way data and information about various peers and competitor companies (secondary research techniques)
- Monitor the Web, the news, blog and social networks with specific software tools for specific competitive and industry events
- Coordinate data extraction and studies with other departments and projects
- Consolidate and analyze your findings with text mining and business intelligence tools, such as Tableau
- Synthesize your findings and provide strategic recommendations
- Prepare presentations and reports for senior leadership
- Stay abreast of relevant internal and external knowledge, and disseminate among stakeholders; introduce and implement new ideas for knowledge, tools, operations
You will work both independently as well as part of a team on specific strategic projects – this can include managing a whole project work stream independently
The Strategy & Market Intelligence department consists of a broad range of backgrounds, including alumni from top-tier consulting firms, former equity analysts and research experts. We act as a talent pool for future Philips leaders.
We offer you the unique opportunity to be involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Lighting Leadership, plus the ability to work in a dynamic team setting on a variety of exciting research topics. We will also support your personal and professional development.
Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary plus relocation expenses;
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive tools to drive your career, like a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Solid company pension scheme;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount;
- 25 days of leave; possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually.
- Opportunity to apply for the 30% tax ruling for foreigners
The role may be based in Amsterdam or Eindhoven – the Netherlands.
We are looking for
- A talented Senior CI Analyst for our Strategy & MI department with:
- Outstanding collegiate academic record with superior problem-solving and analytical capabilities;
- Knowledge of one or more of high tech, industrial and/or consumer packaged goods sectors. Familiarity with the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) communications is desirable;
- Managerial experience; being able to mentor the team;
- Excellent ability to run advanced search techniques;
- Strong analytical skills; exposure to online and social data is a plus;
- Ph.D./ MSc with at least 7 years of experience;
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; ability to speak another language (e.g., Dutch, German, Hindi, Mandarin Chinese) is helpful
If the challenge of influencing the strategy at Philips Lighting appeals to you, please apply directly online via http://www.philips.com/careers. Choose job field: strategy/ corporate development. Choose location: Netherlands or other preferred location. Vacancy number: 199954.
We have no specific closing date, however urge you to apply as soon as possible. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a recruitment- and business interviews. Pre-employment screening may be part of the process.
Want to learn more about Philips?
Visit our website (http://www.lighting.philips.com) to see our exciting range of products and services. You can also view some of our videos here –
Connected Lighting: https://youtu.be/QcHwkPgAXBw
Consumer Home Lighting: https://youtu.be/lCv4r3wgsPQ
Commercial Buildings and Public Spaces: https://youtu.be/drbzcCffnHg
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top