Software Engineer Test Automation for Philips Hue Cloud
Be at the forefront of the IoT lighting revolution
Philips Hue is the global leader in connected consumer lighting. Thanks to the magical customer experiences created by our wireless controlled lighting products, we're undergoing rapid growth in sales, functionality and application scope. That's why we're looking for ambitious professionals who want to help redefine lighting for the digital age.
The Hue Cloud is a collection of cloud-based micro services that offers a web-based front end for end-user interaction as well as back end services for the Hue Connected Lighting system, mobile Apps, and other 3rd party cloud systems. We value: results, sharing, efficiency, collaboration, team spirit and bold ideas to hard problems. These are the team values that walk with us every day, any day
The Hue R&D organization is an agile product creation and development environment in a highly entrepreneurial setting. You will be working in a small and dedicated team in a full circle environment.
Your responsibilities are to support the Hue Cloud development team by testing and releasing Hue Cloud system increments at regular time instances. To be so you are responsible for test case definition, test execution, test report generation and issue reporting towards the Product Owner.
- Work along with the team to achieve the full automation goal, by proposing improvements and new features to our current continuous integration & delivery pipeline
- Be able to define and implement test cases for our full stack solution that assure quality and the best user experience
- Write and review technical documents that will assure the continuity and knowledge sharing
- Fail fast philosophy
- Actively participate on the improvement of the team's ways of
- Execute Cloud system test runs, including (semi-)automated API tests, integration or verification tests and exploratory validation tests
- Act as the knowledge source and technical advisor on the application of the cloud test framework towards cloud developers and third party component suppliers
- Lead all new feature related test preparation, execution and evaluation campaigns, including effort estimation and risk based priority setting and work with Digital Operations and Field Quality in analyzing and resolving reported Cloud issues
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Want to find out more about working in the Philips Hue team? We invite you to visit us online and check our inspiring Hue employee stories to see what we mean.
We are looking for
As our new colleague, you should be passionate about and preferably have strong knowledge of connected products and the Internet-of-Things. Experience with modern web languages, interface specification, and being able to quickly prototype, test, and automate certain tasks is a must.
- You have 3+ years of testing experience with cloud based products (front-end and back-end) including A/B Testing, availability testing, performance testing, security testing, scalability testing, multi tenancy testing
- Are able to write modular and sustainable code
- Experience with continuous integration & delivery platforms, like: Codeship and Travis CI
- Monitoring experience with DataDog and Prometheus
- Familiar with container ecosystems (docker, k8s, etc)
- Experience with Cloud production solutions.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment - and business interviews. An online assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top