Software Development Engineer
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer
- Work out, discuss and finalize Software Requirement Specifications, responsible for the contents and quality of requirement specifications.
- With limited supervision, work out and verify software design according to agreed software requirement specifications, with proper design documents as outcome.
- Responsible for the contents and the correct implementation of own design; communicate the consequences of his/her design on system/architecture level.
- Responsible for Software Test Specification creation and maintenance.
- Integrate existing or purchased software module into system.
- Debug source code and identify the issues owing to self and other software engineers.
- Involve in software maintenance activities by solving PRs and CRs.
- Draw up personal schedule and reports on progress.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts.
- Responsible for micro-controller chip selection and corresponding design of peripherals and circuitry, support in component qualification for digital parts.
- Coach junior software engineer.
- Performs daily activities in line with defined software process.
- Participate in and contribute to software development process improvement activities.
Contribute to the competence and efficiency building up in SW team.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top