Software Developer (Embedded iOS, Indoor Positioning)
Job TitleSoftware Developer (Embedded iOS, Indoor Positioning)
Are you the Mobile Developer that can visualize and shape our applications and bring them to life? Has the insight in the inner workings of mobile platform like iOS, Android, embedded Linux to optimally run our libraries? Are you the motivated and energetic type of person who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and really takes pride in their work?
Would you like to focus on challenging and breakthrough innovations? Can you bring innovations from early concept to development in an Agile way. Then please Join us!
For this role we are looking for a Mobile Developer who can help bring to life exciting innovations. Let us challenge you with exciting projects, offering the possibility of applying and extending your areas of expertise. The main responsibilities are:
- Design and build mobile applications in native code or using hybrid frameworks, from concept until release;
- Work with back end developers on defining REST interfaces between mobile application and Backend Systems;
- Work with User Interface and Visual Designers to develop a pixel perfect version of their designs;
- Expand the compatibility of our libraries and applications to varying Android and embedded Linux devices
- Actively share your knowledge within the team through, demo's, presentations, etc.
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts;
The Software department of Philips Lighting is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). The department consists of teams of highly skilled people delivering world class engineering services in the domains of embedded systems, mobile platforms, cloud engineering, and systems engineering.
We are looking for
- At least a Bachelor degree in software or electronics engineering or other relevant discipline;
- At least 3 years mobile development on IOS and Android; Objective C, Swift, Java, etc.
- Experience with relevant frameworks like Cordova, Xamarin, Ionic, etc.
- Broad knowledge of Internet technologies such as Web services, Restful API's, Open Source projects
- Experience successfully deploying apps to AppStore and PlayStore
- Experience with implementing Responsive Design, targeting desktop, mobile and tablet form factors;
- Experience testing mobile apps, using TDD, UI automated testing, etc.
- 'Native' multi-platform development and C knowhow
- Experience with indoor location technologies and applications
- An analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with a good balance to application;
- Someone who is eager to learn and improve e.g. by new technologies, process improvements;
- Someone who structures his/her own work and shows a positive and can do attitude towards, e.g., starting from marginally documented and/or experimental software;
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment - and business interviews. An online assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top