Software Developer Automation
Job TitleSoftware Developer Automation
At Philips Hue, we lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination. Our lights, the bridge and the smart controls have changed the way users control and experience light. The introduction of advanced IoT solutions, new lights and partnerships tend to introduce complex new issues in our Hue system, however. That is where you come in!
As part of the Hue bridge development team, you will test and integrate subcomponents and verify their behavior. You will continuously search for issues and analyze them. You develop functionality on our own developed test frameworks to improve our automated testing for the bridge and its subcomponents.
As part of a team effort, you will help to extend the test frameworks to test novel system features for the Hue bridge and simplify testing and verify requirements. When confronted with issues you dig even deeper and determine their root-cause. In addition, we need you to extend our Continuous Integration/Delivery system to take in subsystem updates from development teams and external partners and give swift feedback to these teams. We use building blocks like C++, C#, Jenkins, Git, Eclipse IDE, Linux, and the Hue SDK. We use agile development techniques coming from Scrum and XP such as pair programming TDD, BDD etc.
What we need
A top-notch Software Development Engineer that:
- can maintain and improve existing test frameworks using object oriented software engineering
- can develop comprehensive tests for new features
- feels responsible for the overall system quality
- can independently and pro-actively analyze and report issues and is not afraid to dig a little deeper and get to the root-cause of these issues
What you offer
- Unbridled enthusiasm for innovative technology and everything Internet of Things
- At least 4 years of experience in writing object oriented software, preferably C++ or C#
- Eagerness to work in a multinational company, dealing with customers and colleagues from all over the globe
- The ability to communicate clearly: fluency in English, both verbal and written
What you might also offer
- Practical experience in setting up and maintaining Continuous Integration/Delivery infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of networking, both wireless, wired and on every layer of the OSI model. Wireshark has no secrets for you. You are no stranger to network discovery knowledge and/or ZigBee knowledge
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top