Software Developer Automation
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people's lives with light.
Since its launch in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smart home platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that interoperate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue. The Hue ecosystem is growing rapidly with control points from within and outside our own system through new devices and exciting partnerships. This growth requires a structured test automation approach supporting the development and integration of our components to ensure correct functionality and to enable scaling flexibly with the continuously increasing complexity.
Your role is to create solutions to further automate our build and test environment and develop automated tests using existing and new methods and tools in line with our continuous integration and delivery strategy. You have experience in developing with high level programming languages and with agile development methods and tools. You work together with other developers and testers in your team to ensure high speed and high quality deliverables.
- Design and development of the test framework and of integration setups for the hue bridge
- Design and implementation of automated tests
- Develop solution towards continuous integration and delivery environment
- Improve and innovate on continuous integration approach
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate engineers working on the world's leading connected lighting systems. You are going to work in a team with the best and brightest in your area, providing an opportunity for each person to maximize their potential, directly contribute to our organization's success and growth and be appreciated for their differences. In fact, our culture is built on a foundation for valuing our employees as the key asset. You will be working on developing the next generation of products and features for the personal wireless lighting hue ecosystem. In your role you will be part of the fast growing hue bridge development team. You will be part of a larger development team working on the hue ecosystem based on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world who is not leaded by innovation, but who is in the lead by creating meaningful innovation. We value drive. We encourage innovative thinking.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
The candidate that we are looking for obviously has a big passion for content! You are content minded and you love to talk about content and share this with others. Next to that you …..
- Have experience in test automation for embedded software products using high level object oriented programming languages (Python, C#, C++, Java, ..).
- Have experience in working with agile development methods and techniques, (scrum, continuous integration and delivery, TDD, BDD, pair programming)
- Have good knowledge of English both written and verbal, excellent communicational skills
- Want to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment, and develop the skills required to excel!
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting. After a pre-selection process based on your resume you will be invited to a coding proficiency test, business interviews and an assignment or assessment.
Thrilled to know more about working @ Philips Lighting? Check out video
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top