Software Cloud Engineer / Cloud Operations Specialist / Dev Ops
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Global Software Operations. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving lighting research and development, so aspiring for innovation must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
join a growing team with growing responsibilities to address customer Software projects within North America. Do to being a growing team we are still defining the work and your experience, feedback and thoughts will make an impact to the product's, the team's and your success. You will also have the opportunity to work with other international teams with various skill sets.
As part of the global Professional Lighting Software Operations team, you will be responsible for the provision of our Professional Lighting web-based services to our customers. We are rolling out our services in various regions of the world and you will be in the center of our support activities in North America. There is no problem you cannot solve - an international multi-disciplined team across the globe will work with you hand in hand. The starting point of your career will be in the European Operation Centre where you familiarize with the services and help to set up the support infrastructure for our worldwide 2nd level support.
- Must have a BA in computer Science or similar related field
- Must be willing to travel to Germany for training
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of cloud related working experience
- Experience with Linux and windows server administration is a must
- Must possess the ability to perform 2nd Level technical support and service desk assistance
- Must possess strong problem solving and multi-task skills
- Must have good communication skills
- Understanding of complex software and network architecture is a must
- Experience in operating services in a cloud environment is a must, preferably with Amazon AWS.
- Understanding of operational aspects of IT Security is a plus
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certification is preferred
- Experience with Agile software environment and continuous deployment is highly preferred
- Experience with Service Automation is highly desired.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Policy: Signify North America Corporation ("Signify") will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Signify, or (c) consistent with Signify's legal duty to furnish information. #LI-FM1
Back to top