Senior Statutory Accountant
Job TitleSenior Statutory Accountant
At Philips, we are looking for agile and innovative thinkers to help us to connect with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways. The lighting industry is in full transformation. Conventional light sources are rapidly replaced with electronic light sources (LED) and this has enabled the use of digital technology to connect and control lighting and increase functionality in a way that was never possible before. The innovation speed has increased dramatically and the scope has expanded to electronics, software, communications and information technology, systems engineering and data analytics for services.
Philips Lighting is the global market leader in the lighting industry, with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative lighting solutions. We offer our expertise, depth and reach across the entire lighting value chain to improve and simplify the work of our professional partners wherever our knowledge and reach can create value for them. From LED light sources to the increased role of controls to all-inclusive tailor-made solutions our approach is to observe and listen to people—our customers, consumers and stakeholders- to ensure that what we do every day addresses their real needs and aspirations in life. Together with architects, lighting designers, city planners, public authorities, and even with consumers in their homes, Philips Lighting seeks to simply enhance people's lives with light.
- Assist the reginal statutory accounting manager in the statutory financial reporting function in the US. This includes
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements with supporting footnotes under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for Philips Lighting which has approximately $3 billion in sales.
- Prepare and assist to filling various quarterly and annual government reports.
- Designs & adjusts statutory processes, procedures, document flow & controls. Supports statutory audits. Fulfills requests from regulatory & tax authorities.
- Works on various initiatives on behalf of Corporate Control. Monitors the quality of certain financial information reported by business organizations.
- Utilize the SAP's consolidation system (which is maintained by the Senior/Staff), along with other Corporate financial reporting systems, keeping abreast of changes in IFRS accounting pronouncements and use of strong analytical skills are also necessary to meet the objectives of this position.
- Using excellent interpersonal skills, you will interact with management on various assignments.
- Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- 8+ years of related professional experience is required
- 3+ years of large corporation (preferably international), national public accounting experience, or a combination thereof
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting
- Ability to utilize the SAP's consolidation system and other Corporate financial reporting systems
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and business controls
- Extensive experience in statutory area
- Strong human relations skills required to communicate and influence department managers and others where there is no direct hierarchical relationship (would have one direct report)
- Manage both short and long term requirements in an extremely deadline oriented environment
- Knowledge of accounting systems (preferably SAP), Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Excellent public speaking skills
- CPA certification is desired
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Ability to travel is minimal (10% or less)
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top