Senior Software Engineer (IoT Cloud Infrastructure)
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer (IoT Cloud Infrastructure)
Philips Lighting is poised to be one of the top global players in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. The company, already a top-class technology multi-national, is rapidly transforming from global leader of LED Lighting to the leader of connected and digital lighting. We are transforming lighting solutions into new concepts that connect people, places, and devices in a whole new way.
We are the leading provider of lighting systems, services, and applications both for professional and consumer markets. Our products and systems are built for world-class light quality, energy management, information management, lighting experience, safety and value creation for homes, cities, offices, industry buildings, retail chains, hotels etc.
We are currently building a world-class IoT Platform. Our aim is to provide the industrial-grade common infrastructure to support the rapid and efficient creation and operation of high value-added products, systems, and services by all Philips Lighting businesses. A key part of this infrastructure is built by the IoT Cloud Infrastructure team, which provides the infrastructure for secure and easy registration and management of devices, dynamic software updates that improve and adapt device behavior, cloud connectivity and syncing of data, and tools that support all cloud development related to the IoT Platform.
If you are a talented and driven individual looking for an opportunity to work in the cutting-edge of the IoT industry, become part of a high-energy, high-talent team located in the Greater Boston area, and make a strong impact on the transformation of a global leading company and the industry, we want to talk to you about joining our team!
- As a member of the IoT Cloud Infrastructure development team and you are responsible for implementing software components of highly available, scalable, and robust cloud services.
- Work closely with architects and technical product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented software components.
- Take ownership of the implementation of individual software components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound software engineering practices.
- Participate in software design reviews, you conduct peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team.
- Write unit, functional, regression tests for the code you create, and you contribute to the test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes together with everyone else in the development team. According to our test-driven development practices and DevOps model, test automation, high quality, and deployment automation is the responsibility of every member of the IoT Cloud Infrastructure team. We always strive to deliver consistently world-class quality products.
You are a member of one of the IoT Cloud Infrastructure scum teams. You are the owner of the areas of your responsibility, but you are also providing input to the overall decision-making process as it relates to your team.
We offer you to work in a global brand, world-leading multinational. We will support your personal and professional development. This is a leadership position that carries with it a competitive salary and benefits package. International travel expected 10-20% of the time.
We are looking for:
- 8+ years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software developer in cloud-enabled products
- Significant expertise (at least 3 years of experience) in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and in building RESTful APIs to power cloud and web services is required. Experience in other cloud technologies (Google Cloud and MS Azure) is a plus
- 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required, a Masters degree is desirable
- Proven track record of creating highly-scalable and available cloud services
- Excellent expertise in object oriented programming (Java is required) and one or more of Golang, Python, Scala, and Shell scripting.
- Experience in cloud-based NoSQL stores (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc) and RDBMS.
- Experience in deployment automation and related tooling (Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation or similar)
- Experience in Test Automation frameworks and Test-Driven Development practices
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Storm, Spark, Kafka, Flume etc.) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with multiple teams.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. #LI-TB1
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top