Senior Software Engineer (IoT Cloud Infrastructure)
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Data and Analytics Platform. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving lighting research and development, so aspiring for innovation must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
build a world-class IoT Platform. Our aim is to provide the industrial-grade common infrastructure to support the rapid and efficient creation and operation of high value-added products, systems, and services by all Philips Lighting businesses. A key part of this infrastructure is built by the IoT Cloud Infrastructure team, which provides the infrastructure for secure and easy registration and management of devices, dynamic software updates that improve and adapt device behavior, cloud connectivity and syncing of data, and tools that support all cloud development related to the IoT Platform.
If you are a talented and driven individual looking for an opportunity to work in the cutting-edge of the IoT industry, become part of a high-energy, high-talent team located in the Greater Boston area, and make a strong impact on the transformation of a global leading company and the industry, we want to talk to you about joining our team!
Additional Responsibilities include
- Responsible for implementing software components of highly available, scalable, and robust cloud services.
- Work closely with architects and technical product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented software components.
- Take ownership of the implementation of individual software components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound software engineering practices.
- Participate in software design reviews, you conduct peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team.
- Write unit, functional, regression tests for the code you create, and you contribute to the test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes together with everyone else in the development team. According to our test-driven development practices and DevOps model, test automation, high quality, and deployment automation is the responsibility of every member of the IoT Cloud Infrastructure team. We always strive to deliver consistently world-class quality products.
- Must be willing to travel, International, 10-20% of the time.
- 8+ years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software developer in cloud-enabled products
- 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required, a Masters degree is desirable
- Proven track record of creating highly-scalable and available cloud services
- Excellent expertise in object oriented programming (Java is required) and one or more of Golang, Python, Scala, and Shell scripting.
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and in building RESTful APIs to power cloud and web services is required. Experience in other cloud technologies (Google Cloud and MS Azure) is a plus
- Experience in cloud-based NoSQL stores (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc) and RDBMS.
- Experience in deployment automation and related tooling (Terraform and/or similar)
- Experience in Test Automation frameworks and Test-Driven Development practices
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Storm, Spark, Kafka, Flume etc.) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with multiple teams.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Policy: Signify North America Corporation ("Signify") will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Signify, or (c) consistent with Signify's legal duty to furnish information. #LI-FM1
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top