Senior Software Engineer
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of the Global Interact, IoT platform developer experience team based out of our Burlington, MA office. Their aim is to provide the industrial-grade common infrastructure to support our IoT developer ecosystem. The Developer Experience team creates the APIs, SDKs, Developer Portal, processes, and infrastructure to support the vibrant Philips Lighting IoT developer ecosystem. It is through the Developer Experience that the value of the Philips Lighting IoT platform is delivered to our customers and partners.
Together we can...
- Design, implement, document and provision high-quality Cloud and On-premise server RESTful APIs and SDKs to expose Philips Lighting IoT services and data to developers.
- Work closely with architects and product owners to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented software components, RESTful APIs, and SDKs for developers.
- Responsible for software design, and implementation of software components, APIs and SDKs in the IoT Developer Experience team.
- Responsible to ensure code quality, test-driven development adherence, and good code documentation by the IoT Developer Experience scrum teams.
- Lead the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, frameworks, and tools. You are providing guidance and feedback to other software developers.
- work closely with the rest of the Developer Experience team and internal stakeholder, using the right test automation, continuous integration and deployment frameworks and practices. According to our test-driven development practices, test automation, high quality, and deployment automation is the responsibility of every member of the team. We always strive to deliver consistently world-class quality products.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required; a Masters' degree is desirable.
- 4-8 years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software developer in cloud-based and large-scale enterprise software products.
- 2+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices.
- 4+ years of Java programming skills is required. Excellent expertise in object-oriented programming.
- Proven track record in designing, implementing and documenting RESTful APIs and SDKs for developers, as well as highly-scalable and available backend service solutions.
- Experience with one or more of the following is desired: Python, Scala, and Shell scripting.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience in deployment automation and related tooling (Terraform and/or similar).
- Experience in Test Automation frameworks and Test-Driven Development practices.
- Experience in cloud-based NoSQL stores (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc.) and RDBMS.
- Experience using Apigee, AWS API Gateway or similar API products is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with multiple teams.#LI-FM1
Back to top