Senior Procurment Engineer
Job TitleSenior Procurment Engineer
- Benchmarking: Acquire knowledge of the supply base and assess market opportunities in order to contribute to the (out)sourcing decisions .
- Drives and accumulates all supply base related marketing intelligence and benchmarking for the relevant assigned finished goods portfolio;
- NPI Project Management: Manage the BG lamps new project introduction process from MS1 onwards to ensure successful time to market of new products from China. This includes the management of the packaging competence center, responsible for packaging design, modification and change-over management
- Product Management: Manage the communication with internal customers from feasibility study stage, new project introduction stage, product maintenance, and product portfolio management
- Drives strategic cost management (lean / continuous improvement programs / Should-cost models) for the relevant assigned commodity portfolio
- Allocates Product Portfolio to Supplier Manufacturing for the relevant assigned commodity portfolio;
- Supports Tier 2 Sourcing for the assigned respective commodity portfolio;
- Defines critical components for the relevant assigned commodity portfolio;
- Ensures world-class supply base (supplier selection and allocation, standardization, negotiation and contracting, supplier performance rating and
- measurement) for the relevant assigned commodity portfolio;
Ensures benchmark supplier relationships (supplier account development,
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top