Senior Experience Design Manager
Job TitleSenior Experience Design Manager
Philips Lighting is a Global Lighting company serving a wide variety of markets including Retail, Office, Public and Home lighting.
We are expanding our user experience competency to support the transition of the Philips Lighting business into the digital age. To support this transition, we are looking for a Senior Design Manager to join the Lighting Design team who can inspire the vision and direction of our user experience at the cross road of environmental/interior design and light.
Your focus will be to envision and realize compelling, light enabled, connected, user experiences within our retail and shopping malls market segment.
We believe in co-creation and such you will be working in close collaboration with the larger Philips Lighting community of designers, market researchers and business leaders as well as our customers and partners.
We are looking for someone who is able to thrive in a creative culture and design environment and contributes with initiative and a collaborative attitude. Experience in the lighting industry is not necessary, though skills in design thinking and user experience will be highly valued.
- Drive customer engagement by connecting and engaging with customers together with sales teams in the Asia region. You will provide inspiration and thought leadership on the design of holistic shopping mall experiences (and other large retail projects) resulting in lighting that goes beyond illumination. In addition, you will support local sales teams with consulting and design experience as a valued business partner.
- Assist in the realization of projects by leading the creative process to scope, define and design holistic shopping mall experiences in line with customer requirements. You will ensure that quality is maintained, working with local sales teams and regional systems teams to ensure the experience design is delivered on time and to specification.
- Build a scalable proposition by working closely with local teams to validate and improve the design value proposition. Together with the local teams, aim to grow the footprint of Experience Design services to more markets and clients in Asia.
- Cultivate people-centric design thinking by training and educating internal teams and external clients to understand why, how and what experience design is. Contribute to changing the perception of Philips Lighting from a product company into a lighting solutions company.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be part of an organisation operating at the front of the digital revolution. Diversity is key in our business, in our people and our work. We offer an environment where our teams are always challenged and are provided with real opportunities for growth.
You will be working as part of a global Philips Lighting Design team of more than 60 individuals representing over 18 nationalities with offices in Europe, US and Asia. You will report to the Philips Lighting Design Consultancy Lead based in Europe (Eindhoven) and work closely with the regional Singapore teams (of Marketing, Sales and Systems) as well as design teams based in Europe (Eindhoven) and Asia (China).
We are looking for
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Retail Design, Architecture or UX Design
- 10+ years' experience in designing consumer-facing lighting environments, preferably in the retail sector
- An ability to demonstrate a relevant portfolio of innovative and creative work and designs
- Experience in organising and facilitating customer workshops, providing strong leadership skills in customer facing projects
- Proven ability to effectively communicate concept ideas through visualisations, while having a holistic, multi-disciplinary design approach
- A strong understanding and knowledge of the retail sector and retail brands
- Relentless energy, able to work in a collaborative team environment while constantly challenging yourself and others to achieve the best
- An ability and willingness to travel (30-40%)
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top