Security Analyst - Data / Information Protection
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This position is a member of the Data Loss Prevention department within IT Security. You will have a direct role in the proper identification, classification and labeling of digital assets. This role will enable you to have a direct contribution in securing Signify's information in order to support the move into the solutions and connected devices marketplace.
As the Security Analyst - Data / Information Protection you will be challenged to leverage your technical aptitude, to manage the information classification and protection infrastructure while engaging as a team with information asset owners in order to assist in proper identification and labeling of confidential information. You will be required to quickly gain knowledge and expertise to perform Information Classification processes as a primary resource. As information becomes more free-flowing in our business environment, we need to assure that the appropriate security is provided.
As a member of the Data Loss Prevention team, you will report directly into the Manager Data / Information Protection. The team is focused on protecting data through a lifecycle of creating, protecting, using, storing and disposing of digital assets. The team governs a document labeling framework and corresponding applications. You will be a critical member of the team that strives to ensure confidential data is identified and appropriately labeled. You will work closely with the entire DLP team to align objectives with processes.
Together we can...
As an Security Analyst Data / Information Protection you monitor and track incidents to ensure that sensitive and PII related data does not leave the company and appropriate remediation takes place.
- Define and implement DLP policies according to the Security Standards and Policies
- Engage with business units in order to identify and classify digital assets required to be monitored
- Analyze incidents/tickets generated by the DLP applications as per Signify rules and policies
- Accurately classify events and work with other Business and IT teams in ensuring completeness of remediation when necessary.
- Send notifications to impacted parties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in small to medium sized initiatives aimed at improving overall processes and deliverables supported by the global team.
- Engage in a quarterly Quality Assurance exercise to check for team's consistency in handling incidents.
- Perform on demand reports and prepare tables suited for presentation and discussion.
- Work on monthly metrics reporting to help identify repeat offenders, understand trends and propose possible process changes
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years in an IT Security Department, in a multinational / corporate environment
- 3 years working with DLP tools and technologies. Experience with Symantec DLP, Titus and Azure DRM is a plus
- Knowledge of risk assessment processes.
- Ability to be concise and clear in communication.
- Ability to work well in a team to accomplish departmental objectives.
Back to top