SDK Mobile Software Developer for Philips Hue
Job TitleSDK Mobile Software Developer for Philips Hue
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people's lives with light.
Be at the forefront of the IoT lighting revolution
Philips Hue is the global leader in connected consumer lighting. Thanks to the magical customer experiences created by our wireless controlled lighting products, we're undergoing rapid growth in sales, functionality and application scope. That's why we're looking for ambitious professionals who want to help redefine lighting for the digital age. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you'll turn cutting-edge lighting technology into tangible consumer benefits in a challenging, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. You'll work with top technology partners, learn new skills, and grow your career. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help shape the world's leading Internet of Things (IoT) platform and have a powerful impact on people's everyday lives.
Since its launch in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting. We have become the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smarthome platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that inter-operate with our system. Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue. As an SDK developer in the Hue mobile Application Team, you will ensure to deliver on time high quality deliverables for the Hue SDK or parts of the hue Application.
- Develop new features and partial design for the Hue SDK from end to end through implementation, testing, launch, and further iteration in an agile environment
- Provide input for effort estimations, maintaining personal schedule and reporting on progress using agile scrum practices
- Effective contribution in reviewing deliverables of software components of peers
- Adherence with processes (including tools, build process) and contribution in process improvements in both own team and related teams
- Effective collaboration with all roles in the development team
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field and proactive knowledge sharing with others
- Working alongside an excellent, cross-functional team, build technical solutions that enable continuous delivery and provide exciting new functionality with the highest quality
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate software craftsmen working on the world's leading connected lighting system. Surrounded by usability experts, product owners, software architects and test engineers, you'll take up the challenge to build high quality and exciting innovations providing the best lighting experience for our customers.
When joining Philips Hue, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips Lighting shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
A highly driven developer with a passion for C++ development in a Mobile Application environment, who:
- Has at least three years of experience and excellent coding skills in C++11
- Has demonstrable Object Oriented design skills and knowledge of design patterns.
- Has experience with multi-threaded programming and Continuous Integration; build servers and dynamic analysis tools is a plus
- Has deep knowledge of IDE development tools
- Experience with TDD and test automation, iOS, Objective-C and Swift, Android and Java/JNI and test automation is a plus
Want to find out more about working in the Philips Hue team? We invite you to visit us online and check our inspiring Hue employee stories to see what we mean.
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment - and business interviews. An online assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top