Scrum Master - Mobile Application
Job TitleScrum Master – Mobile Application
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people’s lives with light.
Since the launch of in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world’s leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smarthome platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that interoperate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue.
As a Scrum Master you will seek together with the development teams for continuous improvement and accelerate the development of the product whilst focusing on operational excellence by using or introducing new tools and processes.
- Lead and coach the different scrum teams within the Mobile Application development team
- Responsible for executing the product backlog in collaboration with the agile team members according to the agreed way of working
- Plan the sprint backlogs, demo’s and retrospective in collaboration with the Product owner
- Discuss and decide with the Product Owner about changes to the product backlog, needed for the planning and execution of the sprints
- Provide progress & status updates towards stakeholders
- Plans improvements and have a facilitating role towards the team (Tools/dev. Design, documentation, etc.)
- Provide a detailed sprint /project planning & organize formal delivery towards Philips Lighting
- Remove impediments and escalate delays towards the Product Owner and overall Release train engineer
- Working alongside an excellent, cross-functional team, build technical solutions that enable continuous delivery and provide exciting new functionality with the highest quality
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate software craftsmen working on the world’s leading connected lighting system. Surrounded by usability experts, product owners, software architects and test engineers, you’ll take up the challenge to build high quality and exciting innovations providing the best lighting experience for our customers.
When joining Philips Hue, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips Lighting shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
A scrum master that can lead different scrum teams with preferable a background in Mobile Application development, who:
- Has excellent communication and organizing skills and can motivate and inspire multiple operational scrum teams working together with a common goal in realizing the best features and innovations on time with highest quality for Hue Mobile Applications.
- Has at least three to five years experience as a scrum master
- Has experience with resource planning and backlog management in an agile development environment
- Is able to organize, coordinate and execute on details
- Has experience with Continuous integration (Jenkins server), continuous delivery & Test automation
- Has a solid understanding of the agile development process; experience with TDD is a plus
- A background in mobile app development is a plus. Understanding of mobile framework internals and latest developments including tooling
- Test automation experience is a plus
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment – and business interviews. An online assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top