Job TitleSales Trainee
We are urgently looking for a trainee for 2 years based in Guildford for an immediate starting date.
As a sales trainee, you will be provided with varied commercial experience with a strong emphasis on traditional Sales. This traineeship is intended to be stretching, challenging and demanding in order to maximize learning on the job. You will find support from the internal network, human resources, rotation managers, your mentor, as well as other fellow graduates and co-workers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Jump-start your career in Sales by taking on high-intensity cross-sector projects that will teach you about our products, industry and customers, and help you develop your leadership and negotiation skills with buyers and suppliers. The breadth and scope of this programme will allow you to establish excellent skills in market analysis and you will learn how to enhance business performance through the use of valuable traditional sales strategies. This programme is ideal for graduates with/or expecting to obtain a degree in a business or IT related subject, who thrive at the opportunity and challenge of winning business. You will have high energy and be motivated by working within a sales environment and building a career as a Sales Leader in a fast-paced innovative company.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree / Graduate in business or IT
- Competent in IT and general systems (SFDC a bonus), MS Office essential
- Some working experience is preferential
- FULL UK driving license for at least 6 months before starting
- English both written and verbal to a high standard
- Understanding of business and sales principles
- Keen to learn, develop and make a difference!
- Articulate in both verbal and written communication
- Great people skills and ability to bring on board others
- Key influencer of both internal departments and external customers
- Raw enthusiasm to improve the world through lighting!
So why choose Philips Lighting as your Employer?
- We are a dynamic business within our industry leading transformation of new technologies.
- We have the vision and desire to be the Number 1 Employer of Choice in the UK&I.
- We care for our employees.
- We develop our employees through learning i.e. mentoring, continuous education, rotational on the job training, management development programme.
- We support our employees with pastoral benefits.
- We look to enrich the life of our employees and our customers.
- We offer a flexible working environment.
- We offer competitive remuneration packages.
- We are a Global organization with diverse talent and skillsets.
- We offer a work environment through collaboration and common goals.
- We all strive for improvement and business growth.
- We are passionate about sustainability.
Salary: starting from £26 000 per year and depending on your profile.
In order to apply for this position, you need to be based in UK have a British passport or valid work permit.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top